Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Trusted Unices Aren't?

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () clark net>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:16:48 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Gordon Greene wrote:

higher level.  I'm not sure what the current status is.  Also, DG/UX is
available with a B2 option.  I don't know if this is so much an add-on or
just a different set of install media.

Different set of media.  I think the pattern is that most of the changes go
into the base "normal" kernel where they make sense, and become conditional
compiles if they're only necessary for B2.  (I don't work for DG, this is
how the process was explained to me by a 3rd party)

Paul
Paul D. Robertson      "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts () clark net      which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
                                                                     PSB#9280