Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Token Ring Scanner

From: Ted Doty <ted () iss net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 08:55:18 -0500

At 10:57 PM 1/7/98 GMT, Edward Cracknell wrote:

Can anyone point me towards a Token Ring scan/testing tool. I'm wanting
to monitor traffic. I know there are many differences between this
technology and broadcast topologies, but essentially I want a system to
be permanently in 'Token-Pass' mode whilst acting promiscuously!

"Scanning" seemingly has different meanings depending on your context.  If
you're looking for a promiscous capture combined with a (hopefully)
intelligent decode, RealSecure (version 2.0) supports this.

- Ted

Ted Doty, Internet Security Systems | Phone: +1 770 395 0150
41 Perimeter Center East            | Fax:   +1 770 395 1972
Atlanta, GA 30346  USA              | Web: http://www.iss.net
PGP key fingerprint: 362A EAC7 9E08 1689  FD0F E625 D525 E1BE