Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Token Ring Scanner

From: Ziv Dascalu <ziv () abirnet com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 98 09:41:14 +0200

--- On Thu, 08 Jan 1998 08:55:18 -0500  Ted Doty <ted () iss net> wrote:
At 10:57 PM 1/7/98 GMT, Edward Cracknell wrote:

Can anyone point me towards a Token Ring scan/testing tool. I'm wanting
to monitor traffic. I know there are many differences between this
technology and broadcast topologies, but essentially I want a system to
be permanently in 'Token-Pass' mode whilst acting promiscuously!

Most detection and monitoring tools support this exact mode, it really depends on th NIC
card itself if it allows it or not, After finding the right mode SessionWall-3 release 2
also supported token ring, same goes also for other NICs like FDDI, ATM emulation etc.
Ziv

...=====  A B I R N E T          Active Network Protection  =====
========== Get an EVALUATION COPY at <http://www.AbirNet.com> ===========