Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Screening Outgoing Mail for Content

From: Jeremy Epstein <jepstein () tis com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 10:00:26 -0400

On August 4, "Dave O'Shea" <daveoshea () email msn com> wrote:
I recall seeing an article (Wall St. Journal?) perhaps four months ago that
stated that a large brokerage house - I believe it was Bear Stearns - was
doing exactly that. The application was rather sophisticated, and tuned to
catch things that "a broker shouldn't say" - like 'you must buy', or 'I
guarantee this will...'.

There was also an article in the Washington Post about this.  The mail
processing scheme was done by SRA, based on a scheme SRA had developed for
an intelligence agency to allow email out of a classified network.  If you
look at www.sra.com, you can find information by searching for "Assentor".

I read about this technology, but am in no way associated with SRA.

| Jeremy Epstein                 |  E-mail: jepstein () tis com          |
| TIS Labs at Network Associates |  Voice:  +1 (703) 356-2225 Ext 106 |
| Northern Virginia Office       |  Fax:    +1 (703) 821-8426         |