Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Say it ain't so

From: jim () coltano stortek com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 15:20:45 -0600 (MDT)

Jim -

It ain't so.

There should be no reason to change ip addresses on all the stuff currently
in the network.  UNLESS thier plan is to abandon your current IP address
space in favor of one of the private network numbers and do NAT on the
firewall.  And even then you do not have to change the internal addresses.

Sounds like scope creep on the part of the installation team to me.

Now you may still have to touch every machine to change some things if they
have decided to use socksified processes like telnet, ftp and such.  have
to replace client apps.  Also would need to touch every copy of web browsers
to set up proxying.