Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: firewalls and the incoming traffic problem

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 14:40:41 -0400 (EDT)

The OPSEC part of checkpoint offers a SAMP (Suspicious Activity
Monitoring Protocol) that allows you to do this sort of thing.  I'd
be very interested in seeing if anyone has done any analysis of the
protocol regarding replay attacks.  There is fun to be had not only in
denial of service, but also if there is a 'open up this IP now'
message.

http://www.checkpoint.com/opsec/architect.htm

Adam

--