Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW-1 running on Trusted Solaris 2.5 ?

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () cyber com au>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:59:11 +1000 (EST)

In some mail I received from Jyri Kaljundi, sie wrote

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997, Dexter D. Laggui wrote:

It has been said that Trusted Solaris (Orange Book B2-level) runs Off-The-
Shelf software. Would it then be able to run Checkpoint FW-1 ?

Quick answer off my mind would be that no, FW-1 probably will not run on
Trusted Solaris, and even if it would run without breaking, it probably
would not give you as much security you would believe B2 to have.

Well, IP Filter has been successfully installed and used on Trusted Solaris.

Darren