Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Two things about new firewalls etc.

From: Jyri Kaljundi <jk () stallion ee>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 17:22:15 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 dnewman () data com wrote:

Are any security vendors looking to embed firewall code in silicon?

I have no personal experiences with it, but I have heard some pretty good
things about the Ipsilon (www.ipsilon.com) IP400 device, that has fully
functional FireWall-1 embedded in it (some other hardware routers and
switches like Bay Networks, 3Com, Xylan have been running limited sets of
FW-1 software for some time already).  From management point of view it
should be much easier to administer than a Solaris box, and I would
believe it might be much faster than similar price Unix machine.

Jyri Kaljundi
jk () stallion ee
AS Stallion Ltd
http://www.stallion.ee/