Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [SECURITY] Public Facing Resources

From: Hazra Hadee <hah2008 () QATAR-MED CORNELL EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 02:03:37 +0000

Hi,

This is what we do:

Use cases that have been presented:

  *   Prospective Students (needing to fill out paperwork) - all paperwork done online.

  *   Visiting Professors (may need access to print as well) - we have couple of visiting faculty office with computers
and usb connected printers. Visiting faculty have network accounts and access enabled as requested by the Department.

  *   Visiting Vendors - we do not have this scenario;

For the below 3 points: you could have your network printers on a separate VLAN with restrictions. All our network
printers are on a separate VLAN.

  *   Teacher Cohorts

  *   Community Representatives

  *   Visitors to the Library (we are a community college and allow the community to use our libraries)

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Hazra Hadee
ITS Administration Manager