Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Self-Phishing Business Case

From: "Tanner, Andrea" <atanner3 () CCBCMD EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 15:36:28 +0000

Happy Friday,

We would like to investigate self-phishing as a training exercise for our campus.

For those of you that have gone through a campus governance process to gain support and approval for self-phishing,
would you mind sharing your business case document, executives summary, as well as any slide show presentations you may
have used for faculty senate and campus leadership?  I have found some great resources so far on EDUCAUSE's website as
well as some of your public-facing websites!  I have a good start on these documents for us but I thought I would
double-check to see how others communicated a successful case.

If you have words of wisdom in a project like this, that is also appreciated.  From the material I am finding from your
colleges and universities is it's common to have a non-punitive approach that does not identify/report who falls for a
phish.  In other words, the focus is on training and practicing.

For those of you who self-phish, do you do this once a month or more frequently?

My email is atanner3 () ccbcmd edu<mailto:atanner3 () ccbcmd edu> if you prefer to send to me directly.

Thank you for your insights and take care everyone,

Andrea
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Andrea Tanner, M.S. | Senior Director, Technology Support | Community College of Baltimore County
Phone: 443-840-4155  | Catonsville Campus CLLB 104B       | atanner3 () ccbcmd edu<mailto:atanner3 () ccbcmd edu>
CCBC. The incredible value of education.