Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Stanford's "All Virtual" Cybersecurity and Privacy Festival is inviting the Educause Security & Privacy Community!

From: Stacy Lee <sbl () STANFORD EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2020 22:01:13 +0000

Happy Friday Everyone,

I wanted to share a couple updates on our upcoming CyberFest event.

Stanford's Women in Technology has come on board and is sponsoring our "Women in Privacy and Security Panel".
We have confirmed the following panelist:

Kelly Born, Executive Director of Stanford's Cyber Policy Center
Dani Brooks, Privacy Program Manager at Facebook
Bhavya Gupta, Information Security Officer at Stanford University
Pegah Parsi, Campus Privacy Officer at UC San Diego

When: Thursday, October 22. 2:00 - 3:00 pm
Title: Women in Security and Privacy Panel

In this panel, women leaders in security and privacy will share their career journeys including their unique
experiences, tips for success, and the challenges they faced and overcame along the way.

Jason Lee, CISO for Zoom Video Communications abstract has been updated:

A New Era in Cybersecurity: Navigating Through a Global Crisis

Zoom has been on an incredible journey, as people around the world have now come to rely upon its technology. Last
April, the company peaked at over 300 million daily participants, free and paid, up from 10 million in December 2019.
As a result, Zoom had to quickly scale its infrastructure to support this new demand, while also battling new security
and privacy challenges. In this session, Zoom CISO Jason Lee will share insights into how the company addressed these
challenges, and maintained the security and privacy of its customers.

 I wanted to also give a huge shout out to this community we have had close to 150 different Educations Institution
register for CyberFest since my initial message.

CyberFest is only 16 days away and there is still time to register at cyberfest.stanford.edu

Thanks, have a great weekend everyone and see you at Stanford's CyberFest!

Stacy Lee
CyberFest Planning Team
Stanford University