Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Phishing Paranoia

From: Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt <gl89 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 18:32:23 -0500

We have a AAA-protected list of "Verified Communications", to which some of our personnel routinely add messages they've recently sent or are planning to send - they send the message to our SecOps queue and we post.

Unfortunately, we don't get a lot of traction with "the e-mail (you|your outsource vendor) sent matches 8 of the 11 criteria we teach people are phishing techniques".

        -g

--
Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt
Cornell University IT Security Office