Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Microsoft Data Loss Prevention Email Address

From: "Pardonek, Jim" <jpardonek () LUC EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 19:05:58 +0000

Hi All!

We are using Microsoft Data Loss Prevention and have discovered that if you get a notification that you violated a
policy the email is coming from postmaster.  We would like to get rid of our postmaster account because it really is a
carryover from our GroupWise days and up till now served no purpose.  From what I am reading, that setting cannot be
changed but I thought it would be good to query the list and see if there is anything that we can do to have the email
come from another mailbox that we can monitor and respond if needed.

Thanks,

James Pardonek, MS, CISSP, CEH, GSNA
Associate Director
Chief Information Security Officer
Loyola University Chicago
1032 W. Sheridan Road | Chicago, IL  60660

*: (773) 508-6086

Loyola University Chicago will never ask you for your username or password.
For the latest information security news at Loyola, please follow us online,
Twitter: @LUCUISO
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lucuiso/
Our Blog http://blogs.luc.edu/uiso/