Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [External] Re: [SECURITY] Blacklisting XYZ Domains

From: Kevin Wilcox <wilcoxkm () APPSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 13:04:49 -0500

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 7:06 PM Jesse Bowling <jesse.bowling () duke edu>
wrote:

But I digress into a discussion on the modern
"DNS wars", which was not the subject at hand...I'll tell the interested
readers to google "Paul Vixie DNS over HTTPS" and leave it at that. 🙂

The number of random people telling me that a random software company
should be allowed to hijack University network traffic and send it to a
random "threat intelligence" company because "you need to protect your
users' privacy!" is...telling.

kmw