Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [BULK] Re: [SECURITY] Warning about malicious spoof Microsoft emails

From: Jesse Thompson <000000b6da97d697-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 15:46:02 +0000

Frankly, it’s ridiculous that Microsoft puts anti-spoofing behind upsell licensing.  DMARC is an open standard!

We have never been able to justify the cost for A5 licensing, and with the oncoming budget crunch, we won’t be able to
any time soon.

This is why we continue to run local MTA gateways upstream of O365, which gives us the flexibility of implementing open
standard protections against spoofing.

Jesse Thompson
UW-Madison