Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Pulse Secure VPN

From: Julian Y Koh <kohster () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 22:26:50 +0000

On Jan 21, 2020, at 16:00, Razi Ahmad <razi.ahmad () STERN NYU EDU<mailto:razi.ahmad () STERN NYU EDU>> wrote:

 I'd like to know if anyone is using Pulse Secure and if so, do you know of a way to disable client login while still
allowing web login to the appliance? The reason for this is that we offer web-based access to network drives via this
service and don't want to completely turn this off until the replacement we are working on is ready to go.

It’s been a while since I’ve directly managed our Pulse Secure environment, but you can definitely disable use of the
different access options on a role by role basis.  So we had some roles that are web access only, some that have web
access + JSAM, and other that had web access + Pulse Secure (nee Network Connect), etc.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2020 Ridge Avenue #331
Evanston, IL 60208
+1-847-467-5780
Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>