Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [EXTERNAL]Re: [SECURITY] Conference in April -- concerns?

From: "Nevin, Dave" <Dave.Nevin () OREGONSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 02:15:11 +0000

I’m in a similar boat, with a complete ban of travel taking effective Monday.

While it is a long time, I have a great deal of sympathy for our event organizers—moving this to a virtual event, when
all the virtual event resources will already be stretched, might be to big an ask for our organizers. I will happily
participate however it is made available to me (if allowed) but just want to be sure that we manage our expectations,
and don’t create great hardships for our friends involved in planning. If need be, I can wait a year for the next one.

Dave