Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: EDUROAM Questions

From: Timothy Burns <burns () UNCA EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 14:21:26 -0500

Hank,

You may want to pose this question to the Networking educause group as
well.

We have been an eduroam institution going on 3+ years and is our primary
SSID. Currently, we are onboarding with 1 year certs via Xpress connect
onboarding. We had a bake in period and then a go live and then left our
old SSID up until those certs expired. All in all, it's been a success. Not
everyone uses it as their primary SSID, but I would guess that most do.

If you are an internet2 member, I believe there is not cost involved.
However, we are not, but without getting into quotes, the cost was minimal.

Happy to provide more information if needed.

Thanks
Tim

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 12:46 PM Foss, Henry L. <fossh () sacredheart edu>