Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Gaming Consoles/UPnP

From: Jacqueline Pitter <pitter () REED EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:34:59 -0800

Our requests this year has been mostly students wanting to setup Minecraft
Servers. We do not support opening inbound traffic ports for student
devices so usually the students end up employing a Hamachi solution.

That being said, there could be a strong argument for creating a
cordoned off vlan for gaming purposes. I'll have to think about this
further.
-jacqueline
--
Jacqueline Pitter, CISSP
Reed College | Chief Information Security Officer / Senior Infrastructure

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 2:21 PM Angelo Santabarbara <asantabarbara () siena edu>