Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

CyberArk and End User Support

From: "Bukaweski, Dylan S" <dbukawes () PROVIDENCE EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 20:55:12 +0000

Hi all,

Providence College is currently in the pre-implementation phase of our CyberArk deployment project. We are looking to
leverage the core privileged access management suite to handle passwords for local admins, domain admins, service
accounts, etc. One area of concern that has arisen from our discussions thus far is managing local admin passwords on
Windows workstations, as these systems can fall off of the domain or travel off the network for extended periods of
time. Additionally, workstations are often administered by student workers staffing the helpdesk, who we would not like
to grant CyberArk access to.  Are any institutions out there using CyberArk to manage Windows workstation local
administrator accounts? If so, would you be open to having a short chat with myself and Providence's user support group
regarding pain points, operational practices, etc.?

Thanks!

[https://i.imgur.com/H3DO0nn.png]
Dylan Bukaweski
Information Security Analyst
Providence College
p:
401-865-1560  m: 813-323-0817
e:
dbukawes () providence edu<mailto:dbukawes () providence edu>
[http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/184235/dev_images/signature_app/linkedin_sig.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dylan-bukaweski-09977a105/>