Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Alumni and Retiree Email Question

From: Andrew Luchsinger <lucand () BETHEL EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 09:59:39 -0500

We maintain alumni access to email, but if it is not used within a 365 day
time frame it is deactivated. That also follows our password policy for
alumni. Otherwise our Alumni Relations office works to maintain current
contact information directly. We wouldn't want to keep an email box out
there, on the customers behalf, indefinitely, that they have not
demonstrated an interest in keeping. We view it as a responsibility to
purge that data on the customers behalf.

Retirees do not keep their email, however we do have an Emeritus role that
allows them to keep their emails. We make exceptions upon request and
review for some retirees though. They too have a forced password change
annually.

*Andrew*

*Andrew Luchsinger, M.B.A. *
*CISO, associate director infrastructure and support*
*P*: 651.638.6291

Anderson Center
2 Pine Tree Dr.
Arden Hills, MN 55112