Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fully Erase Hard and Flash Drives

From: Doug Brooks <0000012132b93a6b-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 16:03:10 +0000

In the event of disposing of hard drives or USB drives, we don't erase them first.  Instead we utilize a service to
securely have them shredded.

========
Doug Brooks
Director of Technology Infrastructure
Campus Technologies
Parkland College

dbrooks () parkland edu<mailto:dbrooks () parkland edu>
W: 217-353-2661