Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: DNS over HTTPS changes

From: John McCabe <john.mccabe01 () MANHATTAN EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 11:39:30 -0400

We are not planning on preventing DoH for devices we manage. My feeling is
the opportunity of network-based visibility is shrinking.

While DoH has its own privacy drawbacks, it is what the browsers seem to be
backing in response to insecure DNS.

We will be focusing on host-based visibility tools to work around/with this
trend.