Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Unofficial SPC event: Joshua Beeman Memorial Fun Run

From: Max McGrath <mmcgrath () CARTHAGE EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 06:59:43 -0500

Yes. Great run, thanks!

On Tue, May 14, 2019, 6:55 AM Belford, Jason C. (jcb3zr) <
jason.belford () virginia edu> wrote:

Thanks for organizing, Jesse.  You picked a great, very scenic route.
Thanks!!

—

Jason C. Belford, CISSP

Chief Information Security Officer

E jason.belford () virginia edu

P 434.924.4165

University of Virginia

www.virginia.edu
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.virginia.edu_&d=DwMGaQ&c=6woNz-MH7rT4h2NzwpOIrDoM44CA9bO_yzozu4WPyPQ&r=cz9bFTuo0gfmX0NZrLwiOdqnmojS2OEjy-Q_kIRFWXU&m=CVQ5w8KNg8nMXBHFWpr4I9FHkGPvelTFx03vynhg_jI&s=2DRYqEuUoIi7Apk-v-vYeCPLnwMpnXZTH-MueW1Bmnc&e=>

On 5/11/19, 9:53 PM, "The EDUCAUSE Security Community Group Listserv on
behalf of Jesse Bowling" <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU on behalf of
jesse.bowling () DUKE EDU> wrote:

   Hi everyone,

   Many of you may remember that Joshua Beeman traditionally led a 3 mile
fun run at SPC for most years he was involved. While I never ran this event
at the time of his involvement, I always felt it was a fun event that added
to the camaraderie of SPC.

   While Josh has moved on, and EDUCAUSE can no longer (and does not)
support this as an official event, I’m announcing here that I will run 3
miles on Tuesday morning (May 14th), leaving from the lobby of the
Swissôtel at 6:10 am.

   If anyone would care to join me in celebration of Josh’s contributions
to our community, or simply wants to get the conference started with a
great dose of daily exercise, please feel free to muster in the hotel lobby
at 6 am, leaving promptly at 6:10 in order to give everyone time to get
back* and get ready for a great day of content and community!

   Just to be crystal clear: I’m proposing this as an individual, and no
other organization that I’m affiliated with bears any responsibility for
this event, nor can I assume any liability for your participation.

   I’ll try to scout a safe and fun route tomorrow. If you’d like to get
advance information on the route, feel free to unicast me and express your
interest. Feel free to join at the appointed time, even if you don’t reach
out in advance!

   I look forward to seeing you all!

   Cheers,

   Jesse

   * I plan to run a comfortable 10 - 10:30 min/mile pace.

   --
   Jesse Bowling
   ITSO::Security Architect & CSIRT Program Manager

<signature.asc>