Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Unofficial SPC event: Joshua Beeman Memorial Fun Run

From: Max McGrath <mmcgrath () CARTHAGE EDU>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2019 22:05:54 -0500

Hi Jesse -

I'm interested in joining the run, but getting up early isn't a great skill
of mine (I'll try my best though!).

Just curious if you were able to identify a route?

Max

On Sat, May 11, 2019, 8:53 PM Jesse Bowling <jesse.bowling () duke edu> wrote:

Hi everyone,

Many of you may remember that Joshua Beeman traditionally led a 3 mile fun
run at SPC for most years he was involved. While I never ran this event at
the time of his involvement, I always felt it was a fun event that added to
the camaraderie of SPC.

While Josh has moved on, and EDUCAUSE can no longer (and does not) support
this as an official event, I’m announcing here that I will run 3 miles on
Tuesday morning (May 14th), leaving from the lobby of the Swissôtel at 6:10
am.

If anyone would care to join me in celebration of Josh’s contributions to
our community, or simply wants to get the conference started with a great
dose of daily exercise, please feel free to muster in the hotel lobby at 6
am, leaving promptly at 6:10 in order to give everyone time to get back*
and get ready for a great day of content and community!

Just to be crystal clear: I’m proposing this as an individual, and no
other organization that I’m affiliated with bears any responsibility for
this event, nor can I assume any liability for your participation.

I’ll try to scout a safe and fun route tomorrow. If you’d like to get
advance information on the route, feel free to unicast me and express your
interest. Feel free to join at the appointed time, even if you don’t reach
out in advance!

I look forward to seeing you all!

Cheers,

Jesse

* I plan to run a comfortable 10 - 10:30 min/mile pace.

--
Jesse Bowling
ITSO::Security Architect & CSIRT Program Manager