Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Personal Email and other Services

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 20:53:39 +0000

Our AUP does not permit the storage of University (read Commonwealth of VA) data within a non-sanctioned third party
cloud service (read personal storage paid or free). The concern is data ownership. Unless there has been a major shift
in the T&Cs, these third parties own the data once transferred. Thus, we have no legal right to enforce any of our
policies or best practices to maintain, protect or recover the data.

Ron

Ronald King
Chief Information Security Officer

Office of Information Technology
(757) 823-2916 (Office)
raking () nsu edu<mailto:raking () nsu edu>
www.nsu.edu<http://www.nsu.edu/>
@NSUCISO (Twitter)
[NSU_logo_horiz_tag_4c - Smaller]