Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: High school cybersecurity programs

From: Neal O'Farrell <neal () SCHOOLEDINSECURITY ORG>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 17:03:56 -0500

I think I've come across the Merit program - I'm a member of the National
Initiative for Cybersecurity Education K-12 working group (though shame on
me not a very active member) and I've seen Merit come up many times.

When we introduced our Trojan Horse program to a local high school school
in Cincinnati, out of a student population of 600, 500 students took part.
They won't all suddenly decide security is for them, but for the first time
we engaged almost the entire student population in security and privacy
discussions they've never had before.

As a result, we may have another two dozen Cincinnati schools interested in
taking part.

Neal.

Neal O'Farrell
Schooled In Security
www.schooledinsecurity.org
neal () schooledinsecurity org
(925) 914 0248 (EST)

When we say "next generation security," we really mean it!

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 4:44 PM Pierrette Renée Widmeyer <prdt () merit edu>