Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Management

From: Kevin Crider <kcrider () SKIDMORE EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 15:50:31 +0000

The big diff for us is the portability of Keepass PLUS it's vulnerabilities.

Being portable is a nice feature, but it also means someone can take the database file and you'd never know...and do
all kinds of things with it...

https://www.rubydevices.com.au/blog/how-to-hack-keepass

12 minutes to crack the master password.

At least with a cloud service I can control it...turn it off...and monitor access.

I love Keepass and agree it's way better than nothing...but IMO not much better than a spreadsheet...