Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Looking for Recommendations -- Secure file sharing app

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 15:46:02 +0000

As Paul noted, no screenshotting or printing isn’t really feasible.  At the end of the day, a document is going to have
to be visually displayed. If it’s visually displayed, it can be visually captured. If it can be visually captured, it
can be printed.

Several years ago, my colleagues and I were working on documentation for some smartphone configs and wanted to include
Windows Phone. At the time, the current version of Windows Phone didn’t have a native screenshot function, so we just
rigged up a camera in a dark room and took some really nice pictures of the screen.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security
University of Colorado