Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Internal Phishing Simulation Advice

From: "Manjak, Martin" <mmanjak () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 16:17:03 +0000

If possible, partner with your Internal Controls office to co-sponsor this effort. That can help justify rolling the
program initially to high risk units.

Also, if you have an information security governance body, get their endorsement.

We portray this program on our campus as effort to protect faculty and staff from a real and present threat to their
personal information, and their finances. The campus benefits overall, but the focus on protecting the individual
employees.

Since we were targeted by the Iranians indicted in March of this year, I use that as a cautionary tale that gets good
traction, particularly with faculty, in justifying the need for this kind of training.

Marty Manjak
CISO
University at Albany