Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Physical Access Controls

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 13:24:40 -0500

Hi Folks, Without wanting to throw them under the bus, we have been using a
specific vendor for physical access controls, pretty standard HID RFID with
or without PIN, and we've been having some issues lately with the system.

We have two new buildings coming online soon, and they are going to need
card access. So, my questions to the group are:

1) Who (or what) are you using for physical RFID/card access controls
2) Are you able to recommend them with a clear conscience (implied
question: or would you suggest that we stay away from them)
3) on a scale of 1-10, how mature of a platform are they?

If you are more comfortable replying off-list, I completely understand, and
I look forward to hearing your responses.

Thank you
Frank

--
Frank Barton, MBA