Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Salesforce and HECVAT

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 15:21:23 +0000

I encourage anyone looking at third-party assessments to check the Cloud Security Alliance STAR registry
(https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star/registry/). This is where vendors can either self-assess or have a third-party
assess their compliance to Cloud Security Alliance controls (which are at the core of HECVAT).  There are hundreds of
companies who have posted self-assessments or third-party assessments.

In this case, SalesForce has completed a self-assessment of the Cloud Controls Matrix and posted it in the registry:
https://cloudsecurityalliance.org/star/registry/salesforce-com-inc/

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security