Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Training

From: randy <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 14:17:51 -0400

We use SANS' Secure the Human primarily for awareness training. We're
evaluating SkillsetsOnline (www.skillsetsonline.com) as a venue for
end-user and admin self paced training.

-r.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 11:53 AM, Telfer, Will <Will_Telfer () baylor edu>
wrote:

We are considering requiring some form of information security training
for all of our faculty & staff (currently the only required training in
this area is for users that touch PCI related systems) which I know was a
topic discussed recently on here…but I was hoping to get some more
information on what resources you all used for the training – SANS,
internally created, other options, etc. We are willing to consider long
form or short form trainings so any options are good options at this point.

Thank You,

Will Telfer, M.S.

Information Security Analyst

Information Technology Services