Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Systems Access Policy

From: Frank Cafasso <frank.cafasso () WAGNER EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 10:20:45 -0400

We have a pretty strict "no access until your start date" policy for staff,
but we have been a little more lenient for faculty for the exceptions
you've described. I'm not that concerned with allowing LMS access, since
they can only affect their own classes, but in some cases we've been asked
to provide physical computer access well in advance of a Fall start date. I
have more of an issue with that.

Our faculty contracts run from the start of the Fall semester to the end of
the Spring semester, so new Fall instructors will always have the first day
of classes as their start date. Some don't care about getting their LMS
course in order prior to day 1, but many do.

Best,
Frank

*Frank Cafasso | Chief Information Officer *
Office of Information Technology <http://wagner.edu/it>
wagner.edu |  718.420.4220

Connect with Wagner College IT! <http://twitter.com/WagnerCollegeIT>

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 10:08 AM, Tim Faircloth <Tim.Faircloth () gsw edu>