Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

HEISC Update, March 2018: New Resources & List Reminders

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 14:47:53 +0000

As March wraps up, we’d like to share the latest HEISC resources created by your peers for the higher ed community.

NOTE: This message also offers a few friendly reminders about Security Discussion list participation.

Resources

  *   Recent webinars - resources now available (see our Events
page<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/events> for more
info):
     *   March 8: Surviving the Aftershocks of a Cyberattack: Coordination, Communication, and Where to Get Help
     *   March 9: Introduction to the GDPR
  *   Save the date for upcoming events!
     *   April 5: Why Security and Privacy Shouldn’t Be
Enemies<https://events.educause.edu/webinar/2018/why-security-and-privacy-shouldnt-be-enemies> (an industry and campus
EDUCAUSE webinar - registration available now)
     *   June 14: Understanding Cyber Insurance (registration available soon)
     *   August 21 (12-4:30 pm ET): Encore! Selections from the EDUCAUSE Security Professionals Conference
2018<https://events.educause.edu/webinar/2018/encore-selections-from-the-educause-security-professionals-conference-2018>
 (registration available now)
  *   Read the latest Security Matters blog posts:
     *   HECVAT and the Crazy Brilliant Idea<https://er.educause.edu/blogs/2018/3/hecvat-and-the-crazy-brilliant-idea>
by Jon Allen, Joanna Grama, Nick Lewis, and Kim Milford
     *   Why Care About GDPR?<https://er.educause.edu/blogs/2018/3/why-care-about-gdpr> By Andrew Cormack

2018 Security Professionals Conference (April 10–12 in Baltimore, MD)

  *   Download the mobile
app<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2018/agenda/mobile-application> before you go and
explore the full program<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2018>.
  *   Note that registration is still open. We are currently expecting over 750 attendees this year!

Security Discussion Group Participation Reminders

  *   This list is public; anyone is welcome to subscribe.
  *   Archives are publicly available and searchable.
  *   Posts to this list may be aggregated by other sites such as http://seclists.org/.
  *   Replies will automatically go to the entire list. If you intend to respond directly to an individual on the list,
please be sure to check the “To:” line before sending your message.
  *   For more sensitive questions or sharing of information, consider using the REN-ISAC<https://www.ren-isac.net/>
list if you are a member.
  *   Visit the Security Discussion Group website<https://www.educause.edu/discuss/security-discussion-group> to manage
your list subscription, access archived messages, or review the participation guidelines.

Follow Us & Stay Informed

  *   Twitter<https://twitter.com/HEISCouncil>
  *   Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/HEISCouncil/>
  *   Pinterest<https://www.pinterest.com/heiscouncil/>
  *   YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/SecurityVideoContest>
  *   Security Matters blog column<http://er.educause.edu/columns/security-matters> in EDUCAUSE Review

If you have any questions or comments about HEISC activities and resources, please send us a note: security-council ()
educause edu<mailto:security-council () educause edu>

Thank you,

Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program