Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: CIS Controls

From: Sunil Singh <spsfirst () HOTMAIL COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 14:38:10 +0000

Hi Cyndie,

We at Iowa State have started keeping our list of approved software.  In 2017 we in IT Services started working with
procurement to vet all request and renewal for software purchase. For large purchase we request our Vendor form which
has the question you have asked, to be filled in, plus we look at SOC2 Type 2. As part of assessment our effort is to
have "Moderate". classified data handling software to be hosted in US.

This is part of our long term planning to have a Configuration Management Data Base. All request for vetting is
submitted through our change Management system and recorded in Jira.

Sunil Singh

Director

Iowa State University