Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: GDPR Question - Part 2

From: Ken Connelly <ken.connelly () UNI EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 16:04:10 -0600

On 2/8/18 3:55 PM, Jim Cheetham wrote:
Excerpts from Penn, Blake C's message of February 9, 2018 10:09 am:
From my understanding, GDPR protections apply solely to EU residents,
not citizens – that is, anyone actually in the EU and only while they
are in the EU.

Is that a formally-defined "Resident", or anyone who happens to simply
be on EU soil as part of a short-term visit or trip?

-jim

My understanding is the latter, e.g., a student on a study abroad visit
or a professor traveling and doing research.

--
- Ken
Ken Connelly                       Director, Information Security

Any request to divulge your UNI password via e-mail is fraudulent!