Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: GDPR Question - Part 2

From: Karl Kowalski <kekowalski () ALASKA EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 12:12:18 -0900

But if I'm not mistaken, the Federal Financial Aid retention policy would
serve as your "legal basis" for data retention. And should an EU citizen
ask to be expunged, that data could still be retained for the retention
period. You would just need to document that and inform the customer.  But
would like to hear others' thoughts/interpretations if I'm wrong..

Karl

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 12:06 PM, Madl, Michael <michael.madl () indwes edu>