Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Shodan value

From: "Reyor, William F." <wreyor () FAIRFIELD EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 22:28:58 +0000

Heh yes. Links and forms all go back to DHS though. It's just a pain to find the right document and I think someone
consolidated everything

Thanks,
Bill

On Jul 20, 2017, at 6:23 PM, Valdis Kletnieks <valdis.kletnieks () VT EDU> wrote:

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 16:15:49 -0000, "Reyor, William F." said:

The specific program is called NCATS

Pertinent info available below - or simply sending an inquiry to
ncats_info () hq dhs gov

https://github.com/dhs-ncats/services

Anybody else have their Spidey Sense go off when they see what's claimed
to be a DHS service hosting on GitHub? :)

(Or even if it's a legit hosting, it's still got some security implications,
unless GitHub has their act more together than DHS does.  And I'll quit there,
because it quickly becomes a tinfoil-helmet rabbit hole.. :)