Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Deploying MFA

From: "Hamer, Christian" <christian_hamer () HARVARD EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 13:58:24 +0000

Completely agree with your takeaways given our experience.  It’s a user experience and communications project more than
a technical one.  We thought about targeting high-risk applications but once PeopleSoft was in scope, that was over
half our population.  We ultimately decided it was easier for everyone to be able to communicate consistently than to
have some fragments of the population in scope and others out, given the size that was going to be in.  I’ve attached a
high level set of planning considerations that we developed looking at our deployment in retrospect in case it’s
helpful.

-Christian

On 7/3/17, 1:12 PM, "The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv on behalf of Reyor, William F." <SECURITY ()