Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password Management Tool

From: Cam Beasley <cam () UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 12:06:59 -0500

hi Fred -

we've used Stache since 2007 (http://saltycloud.com/#stache).
at this point, it is heavily integrated and used on our campus.

1.       How satisfied are you with the product?

we are very satisfied.

a.       How satisfied are your users?

overall, we have very satisfied users.
we do have a. few feature requests in the pipeline to address some user feedback we’ve received though.

2.       What was deployment like?

overall very easy as the service and the HSM are all cloud-based.
required LDAP and auth (SAML) integration.
there is some additional work to do if you want to integrate it with your InCommon personal certificate process.
there are also read/write APIs that can be very useful for various workflows.

a.       Any tips, tricks, or issues to look out for?

their Splunk integration is very useful..

hope this helps,

~cam.

We’ve been reviewing different password management tools, and (on paper) Keeper appears to be our best option to
fulfill our needs.

A couple of questions:

1.       How satisfied are you with the product?
a.       How satisfied are your users?
2.       What was deployment like?
a.       Any tips, tricks, or issues to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

Fred Wiegand
Security Analyst
University Information Technology