Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cylance

From: WALTER KERNER <walter_kerner () FITNYC EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 14:50:40 -0400

Hi Shaun.  I think you need to move on beyond a definition-based approach.
Whether you choose Cylance or Carbon Black or a similar tool, or just
upgrade Symantec, is a much longer discussion, but the industry is
recognizing that signatures can’t be updated fast enough.

Walter Kerner

Acting AVP and CISO

[image: blue]

333 7th Avenue, 13th Floor