Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Symantec DLP vs Identity Finder

From: Velislav K Pavlov <VelislavPavlov () FERRIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 18:25:40 +0000

The network component can connect to any SMB share with provided account, discover, classify, and quarantine/remediate
information based on specified criteria. For the endpoint, there is a Windows and MacOS agent, but we are not at that
stage where we can provide valuable feedback. We decided to start with the ITS managed servers first, setup network
discover scans, define policies, rules for scanning, schedules, and make sure we have the foundation. The network
discover for servers goes through awareness, notification, then remediation which take time. We figured we can use the
time the operational sides work on remediation to focus my team’s time on the agent testing.

Vel Pavlov | Coordinator, IT Security
M.Sc. ISM, CISSP, C|HFI, C|EH, C)PTE,
Security+, CNA, MPCS, ITILv3F, A+