Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Symantec DLP vs Identity Finder

From: "Gramke, Jim" <JGramke () CSBSJU EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 20:17:54 +0000

Hi All,

We have been thinking about doing something like Identity Finder to locate and help remediate our sensitive data stored
all about.     A couple of Educause Security conferences ago, I recall a few people mentioning that Symantec had a
product that did similar things, and could be part of some sort of educational bundle offered by Symantec, and thus
more reasonably priced.

Is anybody using Symantec to do their sensitive data discovery?    If so, is it part of a bundle, and if so, what is
that bundle called?    And finally, how do you like it?

Thanks,

Jim Gramke
College of St. Benedict, St. John's University
csbsju.edu