Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Anti-Virus/Malware Enterprise Options

From: Livio Ricciulli <livio () METAFLOWS COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 11:56:47 -0700

I thought this link might be useful. This is what we actually measured last week in our system.

https://www.metaflows.com/stats/antivirus_vendors/

True positive rate in this case is the relative detection rate. So, for example, if vendor A has .46 it means that 46% of the time they detected malicious malware and 54% of the time other vendors detected it but they did not. Severity and prevalence (x and y) axes measure (1) the average priority of what they caught (for example Adware has priority 1 but ransomware has priority 100) and (2) the total sum of the priorities.

Large bubbles trending toward a red color toward the top right are best..

These measurements seem to vary week to week, depending of the outbreaks we see..

Let me know if you have any questions.

Livio.