Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recent experience traveling China

From: "Hudson, Edward" <ehudson () CALSTATE EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:55:58 +0000

Tread carefully. We have had experiences with university personnel traveling to China and using “purchased” VPN clients
which are malware laden.
We tend to encourage taking a loaner device, stripped down to bare essentials and no sensitive data. Also there are
potential ITAR issues with encryption.

Ed Hudson, CISM
Director, Information Security
California State University
Office of the Chancellor

401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, CA 90802
Tel 562-951-8431
ehudson () calstate edu

On 3/3/16, 8:40 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv on behalf of Emily Harris" <SECURITY () LISTSERV