Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Recent experience traveling China

From: Eric Weakland <eric () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:42:55 -0500

Emily,

So far <knock on wood> we haven't had anyone studying in China report our
VPN service being blocked.  We have students there all the time, but I
think it's more like 10-20.

Cheers,

Eric Weakland, CISSP, CISM, CRISC
Director, Information Security
Office of Information Technology
American University
eric at american.edu
202.885.2241

Emails from IT asking you to log in with a link are scams!