Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Assistant ISO position open

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:18:51 +0000

We have a position open here at University of Colorado that reports to me as an Assistant Information Security Officer.
 This position is focused on risk assessment/management, data governance, information security program management and
compliance.

https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=03237

It a good opportunity for folks looking to move towards a security program management role, or simply folks looking to
come to wonderful Colorado.  Our offices are off-campus, located in downtown Denver just north of the capitol itself
(office building that is CU administration).  The scope of our teams duties are multi-campus plus security operations
for the multi-campus ERP systems.  This position in particular will interact with multi-campus data governance groups,
our risk management office, internal audit and various administrative departments.

Two of the key focuses for this position are guiding the data governance groups that are still fairly new and we're
looking at implementing a new tool to assist in the information security risk management process.  Another big piece is
on-going risk assessment work that includes risk assessment in IT projects, use of third-party vendors, etc.

CU is a multi-campus system with 60,000+ students and 16,000+ full time employees on four campuses.  The System
Administration division is ~600 people mostly in a single building.  Notable for higher ed, there's no interaction with
faculty or students over in this part of CU.  We sometimes refer to the environment being a middle ground between
higher ed and private sector in terms of culture and atmosphere.

I don't think I need to gush any more about Colorado than I've done in the past - it's a great place to live for a long
list of reasons.

Please forward as appropriate if you know someone who would be interested.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security
University of Colorado