Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Policy

From: Cam Beasley <cam () UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 09:05:08 -0600

hi David -

1.       Do your Universities have a security policy?

yes, we have a suite of documents available at:

 http://security.utexas.edu/policies

2.       Is it part of the computer acceptable usage policy or separate?

the AUP is a supplemental element of our overarching Information Resources Use and Security Policy:

 http://security.utexas.edu/policies/irusp

3.       Does it target complete University community (Faculty, Staff, and Students)?

 it does - we also require all faculty and staff to acknowledge it annually.

4.       Did legal counsel review policy because of possible legal action taken against persons who are in violation
of such policy?

 they did.

5.       Would it be possible to share some policies with me?

see above.

hope this helps,

~cam.

--
Cam Beasley
Chief Information Security Officer

I am in process of developing an IT security policy for our University and I have a few questions below.

1.       Do your Universities have a security policy?
2.       Is it part of the computer acceptable usage policy or separate?
3.       Does it target complete University community (Faculty, Staff, and Students)?
4.       Did legal counsel review policy because of possible legal action taken against persons who are in violation
of such policy?
5.       Would it be possible to share some policies with me?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Have a Great Day

David Santos
IT Security & Helpdesk Manager,
Information Technology

<image002.jpg>

Felician University
262 South Main Street
Lodi, NJ 07644
P: 201-559-6075
www.felician.edu

This outgoing email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System for Felician University.