Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Policy

From: "Wayne S. Martin" <MartinW () BRCC EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:50:13 +0000

Hello,
In my opinion, the policy should be a very high level document that references a defined information security where
standards, guidelines, and procedures live. The program should have a basis in NIST, ISO2700, COBIT, etc.
The policy should articulate the organization leadership and cultures support of a strong enforced information security
program that ensures safe, effective, and secure business processes and functions.
I would be glad to talk with you off line.
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone